Online Service Standards
WTS offers a range of courses delivered in both online and face to face programs. These are supported with an online Student Portal that gives students access to reading material related to their course, ability to view their training progress and contact information.
Our Online Service Support Includes:
- Student Support
- Student Entry Requirements and Induction
- Learning Materials
- Student Engagement
- Mode and Method of Assessment
- Trainers and Assessors
WTS will provide the following support to students currently studying:
● All students are provided with their trainer/assessors contact details and a copy of their training plan upon allocation of training.
● Trainers will contact students directly throughout the course and are available to the student throughout the entirety of their study.
All students will be emailed a link to their student portal upon commencement of their program which provides:
- Reading materials related to their qualification can be accessed/downloaded
- Access to their Student Handbook
- WTS Statement of fees and cancellation policy
- Updates on the progress in their qualification
● Will be available for queries by phone and email between 8:30am - 5pm Monday to Friday
● All queries will be responded to within 48 hours
Student Entry Requirements and Induction
WTS conducts a comprehensive Pre-Training Review for all prospective students to determine whether a course is suitable and appropriate for their individual needs.
Part of the enrolment process includes an assessment on Literacy and Numeracy, and discussion of your individual learning goals to make up your individual learning plan.
The following are the minimum information technology requirements to enable optimal access to the LMS:
● Internet Browser (Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge)
● Internet connection (ADSL or better)
Web based content is available on handheld devices including mobile phones and tablets.
Workplace Training Strategies provides Reading Materials for students through the Student Portal. All other Learning Materials will be provided throughout the program by your Trainer/ Assessor. If students are unable to access their Reading Material please contact the office directly on 03 7020 2844.
Training sessions are held either face to face either at the student's workplace or workshop or conducted online. Each student is contacted at least once per month throughout their course via either a face to face training session, online training session or monthly contact with their trainer/assessor discussing their progress in their training.
Each student is given a training calendar with the pre-set dates for these scheduled contacts,
Any students they have not had any contact for over two months are considered at risk of cancellation and will be contacted by WTS staff for follow up.
Trainers and Assessors
All trainers and assessors delivering courses at WTS are experienced and have relevant qualifications and professional development related to their field of expertise. WTS provides all trainers with information on the Student Portal to assist their students to access the portal should it be required.
Mode and Method of Assessment
A minimum of two forms of assessment will be used for each unit of competency. Forms of assessment may include:
● Knowledge questions
● Projects/Case studies
● Role Play
● Observation and demonstration of practical skills
● Diaries/Workplace logs
● Employer sign off (workplace based)
All assessment is conducted throughout training program.