Benefits of Workplace Training
Benefits to Team Members
D o you want the skills to apply for that promotion you have always wanted? Or do you want to kick start your career in the Food and Retail Industry?
We are here to make sure that your career aspirations can become a reality. Our Nationally Accredited Courses will push you into the next level in your field. Designed and trained by industry experts.
We deliver accredited training across the areas Food Processing, Retail, Hospitality, Business, and Employment Pathways.
Please see the qualifications we are accredited to deliver here - our RTO ID code is 21859.
We also provide non-accredited short courses and customer service training designed to produce motivated employees who have sound knowledge, abilities and the confidence to succeed.
- Nationally Recognised Qualifications
- Flexible quality training
- Access to a range of support staff and services
- On-the-job or off-the-job training that does not disrupt other commitments
- Recognition of prior skills
- Monthly contact on the job (apprenticeships & traineeships)
- Scheduled, skill based workshops
- Supplied training resources
- Access to industry contacts and support
Eligibility Assessment Checklist
To assess a participant’s eligibility to participate in this government funded program, WTS will require Identification Evidence. Prior to enrolment the following evidence is required: Legal Name, Date of Birth, Permanent Residency, Australian, New Zealand Citizenship, Permanent Residency and Concession Card. Some of these documents could include; driver’s license, passport, birth certificate, green Medicare card, health care/pension card.
(All ID documents must be current at time of enrolling and not expired)
Recognition of Prior Learning: Benefits
You will be recognised for what you already know, and may complete training in a shorter period of time. You don’t have to undertake training where you can prove you already have the skills and knowledge to do the job.
You can apply for 100% recognition if you already have the skills and knowledge that you would learn from an entire course. You have the ability to update your existing qualification to ensure that you can obtain formal recognition for your current competence.
You can find out more about WTS RPL process by contacting WTS directly on 03 9591 8300.
The WTS Advantage
- An individual training and support plan and calendar is developed with each individual
- Our retail staff are all academy graduates
- The program has been designed with input from employers, industry experts, job active agencies, people who ‘talk the talk’ and ‘walk the walk’
- All training is conducted on site; it’s a live retail bakery
- You have access to employers who will drop by and talk about their employment opportunities and importantly, what they are looking for in a new employee
- The qualification is nationally recognised
- Our support team, work in the retail bakery space every day and are there to help
- We support every student through the job seeking process and schedule interviews and job trials